Thursday, April 16, 2009

2 Weeks Left

Hey guys and gals,


Sorry I haven't updated in about 2 weeks, it's been pretty busy, I haven't had time or I just don't have much to talk about, or when something does come to mind, I don't have time to blog it out. But, I really don't have much to bring to the table right now other than talking about some things here and there, pretty much whatever pops into my head. 

Like I said, I've been busy. I do only have 2 weeks left, 1 week of class and then some finals. Oh man, my grades will not be that great this semester but still not horribly bad, hopefully around a 3.0. Which brings me to my first thought, this semester has been pretty crazy. I'll admit I have not put forth 100% effort in classes, probably not even 75%. It's really hard on me when I have so little free time and when I do get a free chance I waste on Facebook or catching up on some TV shows, which is fine until that's all I focus on. A big reason why my grades are slacking is because I don't study often or I just do the minimal amount of work to get it done and not focus on understanding. Which sucks, because I get to exams like today's where I'm mostly clueless on what's going on or I cram for the 3 hours before and half the time I'm soooo distracted. It's like I don't even care. I think that I've been brainwashed to this attitude since I've had it for the past three years of school. I want to do good in school, understand it but whenever I get stuck, I get that "I don't get it! This sucks..." attitude and then nothing gets accomplished. It's rare that I even get a productive mindset to do things sometimes. Next semester is going to be a challenge because I'm going to be off-campus, taking 17 credits, being involved in Cru pretty heavily, got 8ams 3 days a week and I'm myself. My biggest struggle is getting myself motivated to do something. We'll see what happens.....

Next on the agenda of Devin is my family situation. My family is moving back to the "homeland" so I call it since both of my parents are from Michigan. Although, Virginia will always be where I'm from cause I like being a southern boy! My wittle sister is all grown up now and going to college. Scaaary. Central Michigan to be exact. On top of that, my parents are buying a house in Harbor Springs right on Lake Michigan, although no beach property, but right next to the lake. It will be nice being closer to family and I might go and visit more often although it's gonna suck not going back to VA. No doubt, I'm going to visit if an opportunity presents itself.

Summer is really close, and summer means 12 weeks of awesome, exhausting, frustrating, rewarding fun-ness. I'm pretty stoked although I haven't because, yea I've been busy. It gets more real as time gets closer. I guess I'll see exactly what Christian and Paolo (my old youth leaders) go through.

So, I think that may be all for now, kind of tired and I have stuff going on tomorrow all day. 


2 comments:

  1. Hey man, I totally hear ya. Next semester, if I do not drop a class, I'm gonna be taking 18 credits, live off campus and be heavily involved in Cru with 8 AMs 4 days a week. I also have horrible study habits. My GPA will go way down after this semester. I am hoping to get out of world cultures with a C! I'm glad you made this post. If nothing else, I feel like I'm in the same boat as someone else.

    Well, God's in control and life goes on even after bad grades if that's what happens. I'll be praying for ya and I'd appreciate the same in return. Have a great rest of your school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "homeland" - you speak of it as if it's mother Russia or something :-) (Dave Michels: loves Jesus, but not America...because he's a commie - he loves mother Russia......because he's Dave!....Dave Michels! wow that was random). I'd like to visit Virginia sometime - seems like a cool place.

    Yeah, living off campus...just resolve that 8am class is not in fact optional, and hopefully ride/walk with a house-mate to class and/or find someone in your 8am class to connect with and keep yourself accountable. I know that's helped me get to my early classes...though I still missed quite a few. It's all Jason's fault, really! (ok mostly my fault).

    Maybe one of these days I'll start my blog again...(shrugs)

    ReplyDelete