Thursday, April 15, 2010

Same old, same old.

Looks like I'm back to that monthly blog kind of deal. Sorry. It's been pretty busy up here.

There really has been ALOT going on. Schoolwork picked up, focus for schoolwork went down, time seems to have decreased and my faith has been rising. It has been awesome to seek God in the craziness of life, I have truly been blessed.

So, what's new? Well, the biggest thing is that I will be transferring from Michigan Tech to Northern Michigan. As I have been taking my Engineering class and retaking my Calc class, I realized that this was not the path that I wanted to go down. I did not want to get stuck teaching a class that I was not passionate about. Unfortunately, that means going to a different school. So, I have been going through the application process and such and finally got all that done. It will be quite the change.


Next big thing, I will hopefully be working at Camp Barakel again! Story time:

So, after last summer, I had some doubts about working at camp again. No doubt it was an awesome time to see God at work in so many lives but, I figured that it was time for me to take a summer and get some experience for my future career. I found a job opening up here at Michigan Tech with our Summer Youth Program (SYP). SYP is a a summer program/camp style which engages middle and high schoolers in fun, scientific classes, sessions and activities. I was so stoked when I found this. 1. Job experience. 2. Living up here in Houghton=the great outdoors to be explored. 3. Taking some classes (Mountain Biking, Frisbee golf, Wolf Ecology, UP History) 4. Earning money. This was just about the perfect thing that I was looking for. I applied for a counseling position and got a part-time counselor offer. Even better! So much more time to relax, read some books, explore the local area and just enjoy my time! Well, back over winter break I got the chance to hang out with some counselors from camp. After this, I started to feel convicted about working at camp again so, I prayed about it. As I was writing the director for camp staff about the situation I was in, I REALLY felt like I should work at camp. I was starting to write reasons why I was unsure about working at camp and I felt like I had no good reason. Also, I wasn't really bummed. It's true, I wanted to spend my time up here but my calling back to camp definitely outweighed that. So, now I am stoked to work there again this summer. I'm already starting to do some prep work for my talks which will be based on 1 John 1:3-6. Bring it on!

Other than those 2 major things, life has been pretty swell. Again, life still seems to be very interesting and spontaneous direction wise. I've got one more week of classes then 4 finals and I'm done! I would say I'd be halfway through my college career but, I'm pretty sure I'm on the 5 year track... Whatever. I will be staying up in Houghton the 2 weeks after school which will be great to do some of those things that I wanted to do over the summer like read some books, explore and just kick back and relax for a bit.


Please be praying for me this summer as working at camp is very challenging. Thanks and until next time,

Devin

1 comment:

  1. Awesome as always to see another blog post. I'll be praying for ya as always!

    ReplyDelete