Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day.... (So much for that idea)

Hey ya'll, (oops, my redneck is showing)

     Well, to say the least it has been a interesting couple of days. In my last post, I said that I was visiting a camp that I was planning on working at this summer. Well, I had the interview (more like a friendly conversation, no pressure) and it was great. I really feel like that is where God wants me this summer (unless he has some other plans). So, I will be in-charge of 8 or so kids for 6 days a week for 12 weeks. It will be one roller coaster of a ride.

Along with having my interview, I worked at the camp helping out with all the transition work from winter to spring/summer season. The people there are AMAZING. They opened their homes, let me eat their food, and had some awesome conversations. Shoot, I thought I was going to be working 10-5 then heading back to my cabin, making a peanut butter sandwich and having to entertain myself all week long. I brought a book to read. I hardly had time to crack it open, unless I wanted to stay up into the late hours of the night. Again, my time there was just plain sweet.

So, now that I'm back in the swing of things, you know the usual; going to class, putting off homework and studying, the normal college student activities, life is challenging again. Monday morning, I meet with my career center advisor, and it was what I expected and what I didn't at the same time. Let me explain; I took an online personality/job match test thing and expected the guy to say, stick with what's on top off the list. But, I learned that there is some truth to that. We all have aspects and talents that God has placed in our lives. It would make sense to choose an occupation that involves your strengths and not something that doesn't really interest you. What even made my meeting better was that he is Christian and that he understands what I feel. It really made things great. But, I did not receive the answer, the direction I was looking for, which I knew probably wouldn't happen but it still bummed me out. Here I am, asking God where he wants me to go and I'm not receiving an answer, at least not now. But, I've let it drag me down and that got me nowhere so, I'm pressing on. Right now, to me it's come down to either secondary education or exercise science. Yea, nowhere near engineering..... We'll see.....

Time to sleep, since I put off studying tonight, that means I need to do it tomorrow! Hooray procrastination! Who knows when my next post will be and if will be in this dying theme of day (insert number here).

"Give me a revelation Show me what to do ‘Cause I’ve been trying to find my way I haven’t got a clue Tell me should I stay here Or do I need to move Give me a revelation I’ve got nothing without you"- Third Day

1 comment:

  1. Hey Devin, it's really cool to see that you have a summer job lined up. I know it's easy to get anxious over what to do with your life sometimes. I too do not know what I should be doing with the major I'm in. At big break I was challenged to seek FIRST full time ministry, then part time, then as a last resort to use my career for God's glory. It is something I had never thought of until Roger Hershey talked about it. I believe that through working at camp this summer, God's going to show you the next direction to take. Maybe He's withholding the whole picture from you right now for a greater reason than we know.

    I am reminded of a wellknown couple of verses that when medidated on have helped me in times similar to what you're going through right now: Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

    Isaiah 41:10 is another cool one: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

    I'll be praying for you and I hope those Bible verses help!

    ReplyDelete